Future of Schools

My avatar from secondlife.comHere is a picture of my avatar that I made in the secondlife.com website.


Recently I did a group project in my EDM 310 class where we talked about the future of schools. The information that my group was able to find was remarkable. Right now there are schools out there that you don't even have to leave your house to attend. All a student needs to do is turn on their computer. Sometimes they'll have what is called an avatar. An avatar is a vitual character that you create to look however you would like.

To experience what this avatar and virtual life was all about I decided to visit this website called secondlife.com where you can make your own avatar and connect with people all over the world. It was very similar to the games The Sims. I chose my avatar to look similar to myself. Although the system worked very slow on my computer I found it very interesting and addictive. Having a classroom like this would definitely attract students to attend class and be apart of the activities. A class could even consist of students all over the world. How great would that be for students to connect with students a create a bond with them while learning about so many different cultures at the same time.

A little bit about me...

These are my views on what kind of teacher I would like to be in the near future.
KEEP LEARNING!