Art in the Classroom

Previously I took a class that taught me about art in elementary. At first I thought that art was art and just give a kid some crayons and they'll be fine. After we got further and further into the semester I found that there is much more to art in the classroom than I thought. Art can be used for so many things with students. Students can explain how they are feeling, their emotions, and what is going on in their life. Being able to make their own art and feel that accomplishment can give a child such joy.

I recently found a hobby of drawing just everyday things. I know that being able to feel the paper, paint, brushes, pencils, etc. makes me just feel at ease and like I could take draw the whole world. Giving that experience to a child will give them the motivation to do well in school and help them strive to keep doing better. With all the different colors of the world I just can't help but feel happy and excited when I'm able to use those colors in my art. No child wants to come into a classroom that is grey and white. There is no motivation or inspiration for that student. Having bright and colorful art in the classroom makes it feel like a safe home that inspires a student to learn.


A little bit about me...

These are my views on what kind of teacher I would like to be in the near future.
KEEP LEARNING!